Yesterday morning, I had got an email from one of my friend regarding MS word error message. She was facing an error message when tried to open a file of MS Word 2010. The complete scenario is written below:
She is working in an organization. These are several PCs with installed MS Office 2010 but Operating system is different. The problem was first reported when she tried to open a file (.docx) created using MS Office 2010 on another PC that also has same office version (MS Office 2010). MS Word launched but an error message was appeared that read:
"Word experienced an error trying to open the file. Try these suggestions.
- Check file permissions for the document or drive.
- Make sure there is sufficient free memory and disk space.
- Open the file with the Text Recovery converter. (C:/....)"
When she got above error message, she tried to save the file in a local folder. She will be able to open the file but same error message has appeared again. She tried to open the file using Text recovery manager but again failed. She had checked the file permission too that stated user has full control over the file.
Solution: I had suggested her to perform below steps and the problem was solved.
- Open your MS Office program 2010.
- Now go-to the File menu and then options tab.
- Select Trust Center and enter into the Trust center settings.
- You will be able to see Protected View.
- Now Un-check all the selected protected view options and done.
She had tried my suggestion and the problem was solved. If you are also facing the same error message in MS Word 2010 then you can try above solution. It may possible that you can solve this error message by different solution too. It is my personal experience so do it on your own risks.